标题:The Aria天使的歌声

forever

等级:Senior
文章:384
积分:3400
门派:张家港
注册:2008-2-29 21:58:10

The Aria天使的歌声

My fiancé and I were out to dinner with two of her friends one weekend night. There was a long wait, but we were in no hurry, so we were happy to sit at the bar for a while and have a few drinks. We had some laughs with the 1)bartender, and it 2)came up in conversation that my fiancé sang opera. She has a 3)gorgeous voice, I mean, you would think an angel had come to earth just to sing for you. Anyway, as were joking around, the bartender offered us a 4)round of drinks if she would sing an aria for the whole restaurant (it was, after all, an Italian restaurant and I suppose they thought it might be a real novelty to have an actual opera singer there). She politely 5)declined.

Later on we had eaten our dinner, finished our 6)desserts and were contemplating after dinner drinks when the bartender happened by and renewed his offer. In an instant my fiancé had grabbed my hand, and put me in a chair in the middle of the room. She began to sing and all I could do was to look at her in awe. The restaurant quickly fell silent. Everyone stopped talking, the waitresses and 7)bus boys has stopped 8)hustling about, the TV in the bar had suddenly been muted, and there was just this gorgeous, pure voice ringing through the entire place. For a moment I was aware of everyone looking at us, but it was only for a moment. I stared at her as she sang to me, and everyone and everything else disappeared. It was one of those moments, and one of those feelings that I simply can‘t describe, and won‘t ever forget. She finished the song, and everyone 9)applauded, some yelling "Encore, encore!!" So she sang another song, not just to me this time, but also to the entire 10)congregation. It was beautiful . . . Utterly gorgeous. Again she was received with great applause.

We went back to our seats, the bartender brought another round, and the restaurant went back to its former state of 11)jingling glasses, 12)clanking plates, and quiet, yet consistent rumble of 100 different conversations all happening at the same time. About five minutes later a lady and her husband came up to the table and introduced themselves. I don‘t remember their names, but I won‘t ever forget what happened next. She told my fiancé how beautiful she sounded and made a little light conversation asking about her career plans 13)and what-not. Then, 14)out of the blue she started telling us about her son who had been killed in a car crash not too long ago, and how much she missed him. She said that she had prayed to God every day and every night for a sign from him, and how when my fiancé started singing, she thought she sounded just like an angel, and that must be the sign. I asked the lady what her son‘s name was. When she told me, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. She said his name was Nicholas. Without thinking, I stood up, offered her my hand and introduced myself. I said "My name is Nicholas, and everything is going to be O.K." The lady‘s eyes welled up with tears while her husband stood behind her with an entirely blank look on his face. It was all I could do to 15)keep from bursting into tears.

It‘s probably been a year and a half or two years since that night, and I still get tears in my eyes when I think about it. I‘m not sure how I feel about that night, but I do know that it changed my life, and that I will never forget it. I‘ve always believed in God, but I had never felt a presence like I did that night, even if only for a very brief moment. Despite that occurrence I still struggle with my faith. I guess I still have some things to work out in myself before I really come to grips with it. My fiancé and I are no longer together. We 16)split up a few months after that night in the restaurant. Despite all the feelings we shared, it simply wasn‘t enough to keep us together. It takes more than love to make a relationship work. I don‘t hope for it to work between us anymore. I just accept what is, and what is not. I just try to enjoy the days as they come. I hope that she‘s doing the same.

=======================================================================

一个周末的晚上,我和未婚妻以及她的两个朋友一起出去吃饭。餐厅里人很多,必须等很久才有位子,但我们并不急,所以我们就在吧台边坐下,点了一些饮料。我们跟酒吧的服务员聊得很开心。谈话当中,大家讲起了我那会唱歌剧的未婚妻。她拥有美妙的声线,我是说,当她唱歌时你会觉得是天下凡为你歌唱。在我们笑闹的时候,酒吧的服务员提议说如果我未婚妻肯为餐厅的客人唱一曲,他将免费给我们几个提供饮料(如果有人在这个意大利餐馆里唱歌剧,那一定会是件新鲜的事情)。但我未婚妻婉言拒绝了。

吃过晚饭、甜点以及饭后酒,当我们在*的时候,那个酒吧服务员刚好从我们身边经过,又重提出了那个提议。我未婚妻马上拉着我,把我带到大厅中间的一张椅子上坐下,然后就开始高歌。我吃惊地望着她。周围很快静了下来,大家都不说话了。服务员都放下下手中的活,电视也突然间被消声了,只有她那美妙、清亮的歌声萦绕着整个大厅。这时我意识到大家都在看着我们,但只是那么短暂的一刻。她对着我唱的时候,我出神地望着她,好像天地间除了我们俩之外,其它的一切都隐退了。那一刻,以及我当时的心情无法用言语形容,我永远也忘不了那一刻。她唱完之后,喝采声不断,一些人高呼着:“再来一曲,再来一曲!!!”她又唱了一首——这次不仅是为我而唱,还 献给整个餐馆的客人。她的歌声是如此的美妙、动人……再一次,掌声如雷。

我们回到自己的座位上,那个酒吧服务员又给我们送上了免费饮料。餐厅又回到之前觥筹交错的情形。虽然100多张餐桌同时有人说话,聚成此起彼伏的嗡嗡声,但这声音并不大声,整个大厅还算安静。五分钟后,一对夫妇走到我们的餐桌前,向我们作自我介绍。我已经忘记他们叫什么名字了,但我决不会忘记接下来发生的事情。那位夫人称赞了我未婚妻的美妙嗓子,然后与我未婚妻轻声交谈了一会,问了她有关工作计划等诸如此类的事情。然后,她突然对我们说起不久前车祸丧生的儿子,告诉我们她有多想念他。她说她时刻都祈祷着能收到来自儿子的口信,当我未婚妻开始唱歌时,她觉得她的声音就像天使,这一定是儿子托她捎来的信号。我问了那位夫人她儿子的名字,当她说出儿子的名字时,我的心几乎跳出胸膛。她说他叫尼古拉斯。我不假思索地站起来,伸出手自我介绍说:“我叫尼古拉斯,一切都很好”。泪水弥漫了那位夫人的眼睛,她丈夫目瞪口呆地站在她身后。而我也只能强忍泪水。

事情已经过去一年半或两年了,但每当我想起这件事时仍会热泪盈眶。我不大清楚那天晚上我的感觉是怎样的,但我知道它改变了我的生活,我一辈子也忘不了。一直以来我都相信上帝,但那一晚我真正感受到了他的存在,即便只是短暂的一瞬间。事情过去后,我仍然与我的信念作斗争,我觉得在我认真处理一些事情之前我必须付出很大的努力。那晚过后的几个月,我与未婚妻分手了,虽然我们互相爱着对方,但这不足以让我们在一起。仅有爱是不足以维系一段感情的。我不再奢望我们的爱会有结果,我只有接受事实。现在我努力过好每一天,希望她也一样。
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
君子之过也,如日月之食也,过也,人皆见之;更也,人皆仰之!

发表于:08-10-28 9:35:31
  编辑|引用|
我要回复 | 快速回复

标题: 
内容: 
TubesChinaForum