文章:384
积分:3400
门派:张家港
注册:2008-2-29 21:58:10

《中国历代典藏故事》
孙 元 觉 劝 父

Advising His Father

春秋时期,陈留(今河南开封市东南)地方有一个孩子,名叫孙元觉,他十五岁那年就做了一件了不起的事情,方圆百里的人都称赞他是个又孝顺又聪明的好孩子。
In the Spring and Autumn Period, there was a boy by the name of Sun Yuanjue in Chenliu (southeast of today’s Kaifeng in Henan Province). He did a remarkable deed at the age of 15, which won him the widespread fame of being a filial and clever boy.
孙元觉的祖父年纪很大了,整天躺在床上,哼哼唧唧的,不但不能干活,还得让小辈们去侍候他。孙元觉的父亲心里越想,对老人越觉得厌烦,常常骂他是“老不死”的,后来索性不声不响地编了一只很大的柳条箩筐,打算用这个箩筐把老人送到深山老林里去。这天,他把老人放进箩筐,然后叫来孙元觉,让他一起抬箩筐。

Sun Yuanjue’s grandpa was so old that he could only lie in bed, groaning and moaning all day long, and needed his children to take care of him. Yuanjue’s father gradually grew bored of him and often scolded him as the “old thing”. He even made a big wicker-basket and intended to carry him into the remote mountain-forest. One day, he put him into the basket and told Yuanjue to carry the basket with him.
孙元觉问:“抬到哪里去?”
“小孩子家,问什么?跟我走就是了。”
“不行,你不说清楚,我不抬。”
“好好好,对你说了也没关系,我要把你老爷爷抬到深山老林里去,把他扔在那里。”

“Where are you going to carry Grandpa? ” he asked.

“Just follow me. And don’t ask so many questions!” replied his father.

“I won’t do it unless you tell me.”
“Well, well, if you want to know, I’ll carry him to the mountains and leave him there.”
孙元觉一听,吓坏了,老祖父躺在家里都得靠家里人侍候,如果把他一个人扔在深山老林里,他还能活下去吗?太可怕了!他忍不住哭了起来,拉着父亲的衣襟求他:“爹,别抬,让我一个人来侍候老爷爷好了。”
他父亲哪里肯答应,恶狠狠地说:“你知道个屁!你祖父年纪那么大了,还有什么用处呢?人家说:老而不死,是要变成精怪的。不行,快抬走,快抬走!”孙元觉看看拗不过父亲,只好一面簌簌地落眼泪,一面抬着老祖父,跟在父亲后面,一步一步朝深山里走去。

On hearing this, Yuanjue was appalled. Grandpa needed to be attended on at home; how could he keep alive in the mountains? It was terrible! With tears in his eyes, he begged his father, “Dad, don’t do that, please! I’ll take care of him all by myself.”
His father would not listen, saying fiercely, “You don’t know a damn thing!Your grandpa is too old to be of any use! It is said that one would become a monster if one doesn’t die in his old age. I won’t let that happen. Come on! Come on!” Unable to dissuade his father, Yuanjue had to carry the basket with his father and walked toward the mountains, tears streaming down his cheeks.
走了好久好久,他们终于来到一个荒无人烟的地方。父子俩放下箩筐,又把老人从箩筐里抬了出来,让他躺在地上。
孙元觉舍不得老祖父,不忍心让他这么一个老人家孤苦伶仃地在深山里受苦,又苦苦地规劝父亲,希望父亲能回心转意,把老爷爷再抬回去。可是,他父亲铁石心肠,死也不肯改变主意。

They walked on and on until they reached a desolate and uninhabited place. They put down the basket, took Grandpa out and laid him on the ground. Yuanjue could not bear to leave him alone in the mountains. So he begged his father again and again to change his mind and carry Grandpa back. However, his father was so hard-hearted that he would not come round.
孙元觉看看没有办法了,只好抱着老爷爷号啕大哭了一场。哭完了,闷声不响,背起那只大箩筐,头也不回地往回走了。
他父亲奇怪起来,追上去一把夺过箩筐,扔在地上,拉起孙元觉就走,一边走,一边说:“小孩子家真不懂事!你知道吗,这就是你爷爷的棺材呀,这种不吉利的东西拿回去有什么用?走吧,走吧!”

At the end of his tethers, Yuanjue cried bitterly, holding Grandpa in his arms. Afterwards, he carried the basket on his back and went on his homeward way without saying a word.
His father felt strange. He caught up with his son, snatched the basket from him, threw it to the ground and dragged him to go. He said, “Oh, grow up, you chicken! It’s Grandpa’s coffin! What the hell are you going to do with this ominous thing?! Come on!”
孙元觉朝父亲看看,还是闷声不响,又去把箩筐拾了起来,拍拍干净,这才一本正经地对父亲说:“有什么不吉利的?这是用惯了的东西,可以说是我们家的传家宝了。将来你也要老的,到了你老得走不动的时候,我还要拿它来送你进山呢,大小正好差不多,就不必另外重做了。”
他父亲怎么也没想到,儿子居然会说出这种话来,顿时吓得心惊肉跳,气急败坏地对孙元觉说:“你反了吗?知道不知道,你是我的儿子呀,怎么可以丢弃我呢?”

Yuanjue threw a look at his father without a word and picked up the basket again. Then he answered in real earnest, “What’s there to be ominous? It’s our heirloom. You will grow old someday. I will use it to carry you to the mountains when you’re too old to walk. It fits you well and I don’t have to make a new one.”
He father felt a chilling dread in his heart when he heard these words. He said to Yuanjue in an utterly discomfited tone, “How dare you! You’re my son; how could you abandon me?”
孙元觉不慌不忙地对父亲说:“为什么不可以丢弃你?我也听人家说:有其父必有其子。上梁不正下梁歪。做父亲的要改变子女的品性,自己先做个样子出来才行。今天你一再教诲我,说人老而不死,是要变成精怪的,人老了就没用了;是你逼着我要听你的话,把老爷爷抬进山来扔掉。你说,我怎么敢违背你的教诲?”
这话句句都在理上。他父亲终于明白过来,觉得自己活了这么大岁数,还不如这个孩子呢,真是太不应该了。于是,他马上把老人背进箩筐,含着热泪,将老人又抬了回来。
从此,他父亲真心诚意地赡养老人,比原来不知要好上多少倍呢。
孔子知道这件事后,非常赞赏孙元觉的做法,说道:“孝顺父母而又能通情达理地去做,孙元觉是我们的榜样!”
(据敦煌石窟藏书句道兴本《搜神记》译写。)
Yuanjue said unhurriedly, “Why couldn’t I? It’s said that ‘like father, like son’and ‘a wicked father begets a wicked son.’ The father should set a good example if he wants to correct the deeds of his children. You told me today that one would become a monster if one didn’t die in his old age. It’s you who forced me to abandon Grandpa here. How dare I disobey you! ”
Yuejue’s words were reasonable enough for his father to see the light. What a shame to be unreasonable at such an age! A child knew a lot more! With tears brimming in his eyes, he put Grandpa into the basket again and carried him back home.
From then on, Yuanjue’s father supported Granspa heart and soul, a thousand times better than before.
On hearing the story, Confucius appreciated Sun Yuanjue’s deeds very much, saying, “Being filial to his parents and practise it in a reasonable manner, Sun Yuanjue has set a good example for us!”
(According to Ju Daoxing’s version of Anecdotes About the Spirits and Immortals in the Dunhuang Grottoes)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
君子之过也,如日月之食也,过也,人皆见之;更也,人皆仰之!

发表于:08-7-16 9:07:36
  编辑|引用|
我要回复 | 快速回复

标题: 
内容: 
TubesChinaForum